Friends of Tiptree Heath
The ponies will be at a site in Tollesbury from 19 February for around 6 weeks to give them more grass to eat and to allow the heath time to recover from the recent extreme weather.
Where we are
Tiptree Heath is on the south west of Tiptree, which is roughly 14km south-west of Colchester, Essex. The car park is accessed from the B1022 (Maldon Road). Click here for a Google Map.
Who we are
The Friends of Tiptree Heath, a group of volunteers who are a registered charity, work to restore the heathland. The management committee, with partner groups, draw up an annual work programme. The work is carried out by volunteers, who clear ponds, and invasive scrub & trees.
Additional policies are:
- Maintain the amenity aspects of the Heath
- Preserve the fabric of the existing lowland heath
- Return the area of heather to the extent of cover at 1960
- Manage the site for the benefit of lowland heath wildlife
- Further biodiversity management
- Comply with all legal and other obligations