Friends of Tiptree Heath
Tiptree Living Landscapes Survey
Tiptree Living Landscape is one of a number of Essex Wildlife Trust initiatives to enhance and connect its areas which are rich with wildlife, to bring resulting benefits for the environment, habitats and species, for the wellbeing of the local community and for the local economy. The purpose is to restore or create wildlife corridors across each living landscape.
Please click here to complete our survey on your own garden. Even if you don't live in Tiptree, we are still interested in your information to look at other landscapes.
Where we are
Tiptree Heath is on the south west of Tiptree, which is roughly 14km south-west of Colchester, Essex. The car park is accessed from the B1022 (Maldon Road). Click here for a Google Map.
Who we are
The Friends of Tiptree Heath, a group of volunteers who are a registered charity, work to restore the heathland. The management committee, with partner groups, draw up an annual work programme. The work is carried out by volunteers, who clear ponds, and invasive scrub & trees.
Additional policies are:
- Maintain the amenity aspects of the Heath
- Preserve the fabric of the existing lowland heath
- Return the area of heather to the extent of cover at 1960
- Manage the site for the benefit of lowland heath wildlife
- Further biodiversity management
- Comply with all legal and other obligations